Sunday, January 27, 2008

Drama

The Skills competition tonight wasn't over five minutes when the cell phone started ringing off the hook with inquiries into Rick's health. At the time I had no clue; I was on my way to the NHL party.

I jumped over a few barricades I wasn't supposed to and made my way to the East locker room. I found Rick and he told me he was "a bit sore." Then he told reporters he was "sore but it's nothing bad and I'll be playing Sunday."

As far as I could tell, he didn't spend any time on the trainer's table. About 45 minutes later I saw him at the NHL bash. He was in great spirits, posing for photographs for anyone who requested and meeting up with family and friends.

I got back to my room late tonight to a bunch of "heads-up" emails from bloggers, reporters and buddies about what Rick was heard saying on his live microphone on VERSUS. At 2:30 am, I can only report what he told me and reporters and what I saw with my own eyes.

No comments: