Wednesday, January 2, 2008

27 "Hey" song responses and counting

I want to thank everyone who has responded in just the first 12 hours since I suggested the nasty addition to the "Hey" song should go away.

Even the people just absolutely killing me have done it without profanity or name-calling, and I very much appreciate that. It's the only way we'll be able to have frank, constructive conversation on the blog.

Only thing that's surprised me so far is people ripping on the notion of the "Hey" song itself going away. I believe I made very clear that I don't think that's the solution, so chill. The song will be in its usual spot Thursday night.

I should also make clear that my main problem with the chant is not that it's vulgar. I believe it is simply pointless and my concern is what it is going to lead to. That's all.

Anyway, I'm told the point of any blog is to begin a discussion and it looks like it has succeeded.

I will never say I have all the answers. Geez, I actually thought the ovation for Blakey would be more positive, so it's obvious I'm not writing the gospel here, folks.

Again, thank you for keeping it clean and mostly classy.