Saturday, October 13, 2007

My game-day Corey impersonation

Usually Corey Witt keeps the fans up-to-date from the road on his NYI Media Blog, but I'm solo on this trip so here are a few notes.

Looks like Marc-Andre Bergeron will sit out tonight's game against the Flyers, along with AJ. What that means for the D pairings, I couldn't tell you. (I don't mean to come off like I know and am forbidden to tell you - I really don't know).

The man walking around the last 24 hours with an even bigger smile than usual is Darryl Bootland, who's back in the lineup tonight. When Bootland made the team out of camp with Chris Simon suspended the first five games, Bootland had a habit of telling Simon "I love you" whenever he walked by. Darryl told me: "Every day in the Show is a good day." Now the man they call Boots has a chance to carve his own niche here even with Simon back.

I guess the other on-ice storyline for tonight is Sean Bergenheim being moved up to play with Satan and Vasicek. Regardless of how the new line performs tonight, to me it's just as big a story that Ted Nolan has recognized Bergenheim's commitment and grit.

It's the Flyers' home opener, so they'll be jacked up. Great test for the guys from Long Island. Enjoy the game.

No comments: